Ancient cultures used various forms of massage for many ailments. We believe that massage therapy is an intricate part of the overall health maintenance plan.
- Increases lymph drainage and blood circulation
- Improves posture and body alignment through proper muscle balance
- Increases awareness of habitual holding patterns that create muscular imbalances
- Inhibits and breaks up scar tissue
- Lowers blood pressure
- Alleviates discomfort during pregnancy
- Produces deep relaxation, allowing the body to rejuvenate
We are trained in many different massage modalities:
- Deep Tissue releases chronic muscle pain, and can aid soft tissue recovery from injury caused by trauma or overuse.
- Swedish applies long superficial strokes combined with deep kneading to relieve stress, relax muscles, and remove metabolic waste products.
- Hot Stone grounds and balances the whole body, while relaxing tense muscles with heat. River stones are placed along the spine to relax the back and massage the rest of the body.
- Reiki uses universal energy (Qi) to balance and align mind, body and spirit. Reiki provides stress reduction, spiritual clarity, relief of emotional, mental and physical distress.
- Prenatal is given throughout pregnancy to alleviate the discomforts of pregnancy:
- Back pain
- Acid reflux
During the latter stages of pregnancy, the client is massaged while lying on her side. Our therapists have specific prenatal training.
Are you looking for a great gift!
How about a message?